Prices for 2019, opening times and links to official websites where you can verify information before traveling are listed.
Oceanarium (Oceanario de Lisboa)
Both children and adults will find it interesting here. The oceanarium has a collection of rare species of fish and animals. For example, the giant moonfish is only found in the Lisbon and Singapore Oceanariums.
The oceanarium contains fish and marine animals from four oceans. Each species lives in a comfortable environment, for this purpose the halls are kept at the temperature and humidity usual for animals.
The Antarctic zone is cool and damp, bring a light jacket or windbreaker for your child. In addition to fish, there are funny penguins here.
The Pacific Ocean area is humid and warm, and kids will meet sea otters.
At the exit of the oceanarium is a small park with an area for physical experiments and water experiments.
A special attraction is to watch otters and penguins feeding. This mini-show takes place twice a day, at 10 and 15 o’clock. Even the gloomiest visitors will enjoy this attraction.
- How much: 15 € for adults (13—64 years old), children (4—12 years old) 10 €, children under 4 years old are free. To avoid standing in line, it is more convenient to buy tickets online.
- Opening hours: Opens at 10:00, open until 20:00 in summer and 19:00 in winter. The ticket office closes an hour earlier. On the official website you can see the driving directions.
Lisbon Zoo (Jardim Zoologico)
You can come here for the whole day. The territory is cozy and well-maintained, McDonald’s, cafes, toilets and other necessary infrastructure. If you are tired of walking, take a ride on suspended carriages, and at the same time appreciate the zoo from a height.
The price includes a bird show and a dolphin show. One of the walls of the pool is transparent and the dolphins can be seen even at depth.
Peacocks walk along the paths of the zoo and beg for treats. In the mini-farm, children can feed and pet the animals, with a separate employee overseeing order and safety.
You can walk around all the enclosures in 3 hours + time for the bird and dolphin show. At the entrance, visitors get a stamp on their hand. This stamp allows you to leave and return throughout the day.
- How much it costs: children under 2 years old are free, 3—12 years old — 14,50 €, 13—64 years old — 22 €, over 65 years old — 16 €.
- Opening hours: from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The ticket office closes one hour earlier.
- It is better to check the show schedule in advance on the official website.
Science Museum (Pavilhao do Conhecimento- Ciencia Viva)
It is more suitable for children from 4 to 14 years old, but adults will also find something to occupy themselves. There are no boring and dusty exhibits on glass shelves in the museum. But there are three floors of fascinating experiments and experiments. Museum employees help to understand the experiments and explain how the devices work.
Here you can play giant Angry birds, see the pavilion with butterflies, and ride a bicycle suspended from the ceiling. On weekends, there are master classes on various topics: from jewelry making to building racing cars.
The territory of the museum is not limited to the room: in the courtyard you will find a tsunami generator, a fountain in the form of a volcano and a whole field for entertaining experiments.
The Science Museum is a 7-minute walk from the oceanarium, convenient for a one-day visit.
- Office hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends.
- How much: Children under 3 years old are free, 3—11 years old — 6 €. From 11 to 17 years old — 7 €, adults over 17 — 9 €.
- Tickets can be purchased at the box office or on the museum’s official website.
Rope Adventure Park (Adventure Park)
Before attending, make sure your child is over 110 cm. This activity is more suitable for teenagers and adults. In addition to ropes courses, the park has golf courses, mini soccer fields and canoeing on the lake.
Trails of several levels of difficulty. The team of instructors will help you choose the right level depending on your physical fitness.
If you decide to visit this park, study the travel scheme on the official website in advance. It is inconvenient to get here by public transportation, you will have to take a cab. And stock up on sandwiches and water, it’s a 20-minute walk to the nearest cafe.
- How much it costs: prices from 12,5 to 20 €, depending on the height and age of the visitor.
- Opening hours: in summer from 10 to 17, in winter from 10 to 16 hours. Lunch from 13 to 14:30. In order to avoid school groups, please call in advance to clarify the time of the visit.
- The website gives all the details.
Maritime Museum (Museu de Marinha)
Loved by men of all ages, the perfect place to take a walk with the boys.
The museum has 17 thousand exhibits. There is a collection of military and civilian fleet models and the history of the Portuguese Navy. A separate hall exhibits real ships, canoes, galleys and even airplanes.
In addition to the ships themselves, there are collections of clothing, awards and weapons of sailors from different eras. It is interesting to see the luxurious interiors of the royal yacht.
Visitors will be able to turn the wheel, feel like a real sailor, study nautical charts and learn the history of Portuguese navigators. Every first Sunday of the month admission to the museum is free of charge.
- How much it costs: adults 7 €, children 6—14 years old — 2 €, under 6 years old admission is free.
- Opening hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in summer, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in winter. Weekend — Monday.
These top 5 popular places to stay in Lisbon with kids are enough for a week-long vacation in the city.